This web site has been setup to document my Photo 365 project. The main purpose of the project is to take a picture a day for a year! I am hoping that in addition to this main purpose several other goals will be accomplished:
- Displine. Just attempting this goal obviously means that I am going to have to change the way I approach my day. Somewhere between waking in the morning and going to sleep at night I need to find time to take a photograph and not just one to get by.
- A new way of seeing. I am going to have to develop a sense of looking at all events in my everyday life as photographic opportunities. Hence, I am going to have to look at things more creatively and photographically.
- Carrying my camera everywhere. It is going to have to be my constant companion.
- Growth as a Amateur photographer. I am no professional, in that I don’t make my living as a photographer. Hopefully this exercise will help me grow as a photographer as I learn my camera better better, process better and compose my photographs better.
- Learn, inside and out, the capabilities of my camera and lens.
In addition, I am imposing several rules on this project:
- Take the best photograph possible and try not to get just get by.
- Use my digital camera and not my phone or iPad camera unless experimenting with their capabilities.
- Shoot mainly in RAW mode so I can learn various processing techniques.
I can’t promise that I will always be able to take a photo a day – life happens – but I’m going to give it my best shot! Feel free to comment and critique. It is the only way to learn.